Thursday, April 2, 2009

Postcard #4: Lake Piso, Liberia



A nice gift from a lovely brother. Thank you Adeel Bhai for this nice postcard from Liberia. Its a view postcard with a very nice scenic view of Lake Piso in Liberia. Lake Piso is also known as Lake Pisu and Fisherman's Lake. It is a oblong tidallagoon in Grand Cape Mount County in Western Liberia. Located close to the town of Robertsport, it is the largest lake in Liberia with an area of 103 sq km. 

The name of the lake originates from a local term which means "Pigeon's Hole" - A reference to the flocks of pigeons that once came to Lake Piso to drink water.

The postcard will also help me to add to the Postcard Friendship Friday at another friend's blog.
Best Regards

9 comments:

KUALA SKYLAB said...

Hello,
Congratulations for your Blog.
It is very interesting.
Thanks for visit my Blog Kuala Skylab.
I would like exchange with you postcards or stamps. If you agree, please e-mail me : kuala06@yahoo.es
Thanks and best regards from Spain.

SL said...

Wow... a postcard of Liberia. It is one of the remaining African countries that I am missing :) Nice to see it here. Yes, can you email me at smspenang@yahoo.com for possible swaps. I can offer Malaysian postcards, FDC or mint stamps. I need from Pakistan and hard-to-get country postcards. Happy collecting. Cheers, SL :)

Uday said...

i have added ur link mate. Check it out at http://stamp-gallery.blogspot.com/

Marie Reed said...

I certainly don't blame those pidgeons! This is a wonderful place to stop for a drink!

Sheila said...

Wonderful to have a stamp from such an unusual place, unusual for me that is! I have no cards from Africa at all.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Thank you very much for sharing this postcard from Liberia as I have never seen one from that country.
Evelyn in Montreal

Chris Overstreet said...

A great card, and a great start for your blog. I have added you to my blogroll.

MuseSwings said...

Very interesting! Beautiful postcard. Happy PFF!

bathmateus said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate