Saturday, April 25, 2009

Postcard # 13: Belgium: Onze Lieve Vrouw (Cathedral) in Antwerp

Hello pals!
What an entertaining, interesting and informative hobby is it!!!!
Here is a postcard which I believed to be from Turkey until minutes ago while doing some research for this post, I came to know that it is a postcard from Belgium.
This vintage postcard from Belgium features an inside view of Onze Lieve Vrouw (Cathedral)in Antwerp - a city in Belgium.

Antwerp is the 2nd largest city in Belgium, and is known for its excellent nightlife, 16th and 17th century architecture, and as the World's diamond centre.

Antwerp's Cathedral is the largest example of gothic architecture in Belgium. It dates from the 14th and 15th century, and in 1566 much of its interior decoration was destroyed by the Iconoclastic Fury. However the interior now contains work by Rubens and his students. 

This beautiful postcard was written but not stamped by one of my dad's closest friend years ago. I think that the card was received somewhere in early 1980s or may be in late 1970s. There is no date of posting on the back.

Its definitely a wonderful vitage postcard to cherish!!!

5 comments:

zach said...

sure, we can swap a card and exchange blog link.
email me at mannequinned@yahoo.com

zach ;)

Lydia said...

That is most definitely a very beautiful postcard. Belgium appears to be such a lovely land.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I hope to see you again. :)

Unknown said...

I would love to swap! I can offer you a card of Valletta, Malta - the whole city is a WHS.

If you e-mail me at krhocevar@gmail.com with your address, I will send you mine, and we can swap! I'll look forward to your card!

ronny said...

OMG... LOve this potcard my fren.. U truly have a great collection that relates to my themes. LOL... the architecture of the cathedral is simply astonishing... mayb u can refer me the person who send u the beautiful postcard...

regards,
ronny

Hair styling Dublin said...

That is most definitely a very beautiful postcard. Belgium appears to be such a lovely land.